• TOLES means ‘Test of Legal English Skills’. The TOLES program consists of a structured course of legal English training materials supported by three levels of professional exams. The exam levels are progressive steps towards reaching the standard of legal English required by employers such as international commercial law firms, in-house legal teams in private companies and top-class translators.
• TOLES legal English training materials and exams have been developed following the advice of experienced commercial lawyers. The top requirements of employers are excellent drafting skills, first-class negotiating skills and a strong sense of commercial awareness. This course prepares trainees to take this test and help them in achieving these goals.
1. Identify essential collocations and prepositions in the area of law.
2. Develop reading for gist in the context of legal banking contracts
3. Identify the key features of contract law
4. Aquire specialist terms in the context of language of company law, business law and employment law
5. Develop reading fluency and reading for specific information in the context of law of tort
6. Develop writing fluency and accuracy in the context of legal contracts
7. Consolidate the learned materials and practice test-taking skills
60 Hours – 10 Days